PGTest is a type of Preimplantation Genetic Testing, screening for aneuploidy or monogenic disorder bearing embryos. This procedure ensures the optimal embryo selection process before implantation.
The selection of PGTest could screen for the optimal (in genetic) embryos. Thus, improve the implantation rate of IVF/ICSI cycles. In addition, PGTest helps significantly decrease the chance of having a child with an inherited genetic disorder or aneuploidy.
The PGTest tests are performed directly at GENTIS's laboratory by a team of leading experts in genetics and biotechnology, using the Veriseq kit and the new generation sequencing system by Illumina - USA and BlueFuse analysis software, contributes to providing genetic information of embryos, helps to select the best embryos for transfer and increases the chances of successful pregnancy.
All couples undergoing in vitro fertilization (IVF) and couples with fertilized oocytes carry a high risk of genetic abnormalities such as:
GENTIS offers 3 types of PGTest:
- PGTest (PGT – A/SR)
- PGTest - One (PGT – A/SR/M)
DNA analysis detected aneuploidy of 24 pairs of chromosomes and structural abnormalities (PGT-A/SR)
- Methods: Veriseq PGS – illumina, USA. High resolution with more than 3,000 data points; 100% sensitivity; Specificity 99.98%; Number of total reads >1,000,000/sample can detect deletions and insertions >5Mb in size
- Technology used: New generation sequencing illumina - USA
- Blue fuse analysis software can identify more than 130 syndromes associated with extra and deletion of chromosomes.
- Samples used: Embryonic cells at the implantation stage on day 3-5
Note: No Reciprocal translocations detected
DNA analysis identifies single gene mutations (PGT-M): Associated with syndromes: Thalassemia, SMA, Hemophilia, RETT syndrome...
- Methods: Analysis of SNP, STR to detect single gene mutations inherited from the father and mother
- Technology used: CE-Thermo, NGS illumina – USA
- Samples used: Embryonic cells in the implantation stage on day 3-5; Blood sample of father, mother or brother/sister carrying the disease (if any)
DNA analysis detected aneuploidy on 24 pairs of chromosomes, microdeletions and single-gene mutations (PGT-A/SR/M).
- Samples used: Embryonic cells biopsy at day 3-5; Blood sample of father, mother or brother/sister carrying the disease (if any)
Note: Run PGTest - A/SR runs first, if the result is normal, run PGTest - CODE
At GENTIS, we are committed to providing the most advanced PGT technology to enable the most accurate and informative selection of embryos.